Vegetables (Veggies) are recognized as a good source of vitamins and minerals,
and have been especially valuable for their ability to prevent vitamin C and vitamin A deficiencies. Moreover, we need to
eat a rainbow of colors in our food to achieve an optimum health. Eating vegetables of different colors is the best way to start.
Health benefits of eating vegetables (veggies)
- Vegetables are rich in antioxidants, which are beneficial in helping us to prevent cancer, and reduce risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Vegetables are good fiber providers. The high level of fiber makes our digestive system remains healthy, avoid constipation.
- Vegetables are generally fat free, low in calorie, and can be filling. Thus it is good choice for those are concerning their calorie intake and want to lose weight.
Tips on preparing vegetables
you know that the way we prepare vegetables may eventually cause nutritional loss? If you are looking to get the most out of your vegetables, here are some things that you will need to know:
- We know that vegetables are loaded with vitamins. Some vitamins, including vitamin B complex, and vitamin C, are soluble in water. These vitamins are easily washed out from the vegetables, and absorbed into water when you soaked or cooked the vegetables in water. So, in order to retain the water-soluble vitamins, rinse quickly and avoid soaking to clean up your vegetables. Unless you are going to prepare soup or sauces where the cooked liquid is to be consumed, otherwise avoid boiling vegetables with excessive water.
- Cut the vegetables only when you are about to consume them. Vegetables begin to degrade and lose vitamins once the protective coverings are peeled off.
- When cooking vegetables, cook them as quickly as possible. Some heat-sensitive nutrients, such as vitamins B and C, destroyed when exposed to heat for some longer time.
How to make healthy vegetables
Eating vegetables does not necessarily dull and boring. Have a look at our healthy vegetables recipes collection below, you will find more
than one creative ways to cook your veggies. Cooking veggies is nothing hard, yet they can be so delicious, and healthy that supplies you with
the nutrition you need.
Collection of Healthy Vegetables Recipes:
- Easy Healthy Grilled Vegetables Recipes
- Easy Healthy Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry Recipes
- Easy Healthy Spinach Recipes